Introduction and biography bits
Who are you? What do you care about?
What grade? What kinda stuff career wise is on your mind?
Who am I?
Business Owner –
I have been a journalist/reporter and do/have hired dozens of them.
Computer Engineer– I helped build BootsnAll’s website for the first 5+ years and can still “build websites”
Graphic Artist – I have done a bit of this, have 2 that work for me – and work with many of them.
Why am I here.
Mr. G asked me to come in and speak with y’all and I like hearing from younger folks about what is up.
Why should you care
The #1 reason you should care is because no matter what your situation is. If you think you are smart/not so smart. Strong/not as strong – you CAN do just about whatever you want with your life at this point.
Things going for you:
1) Young – you are still learning and no matter how good/bad you have done to this point, you can decided to improve and start to being better and following your passions
2) You are in school today: This one is huge. No matter how much you hate it or love it, we do have an excellent education system compared to the majority of the world.
3) Clubs – join the ones that interest you. get involved in things that interest you.
4) Classes – find some topic in high school/ college that you like and go for it hard. Like you life depends on it.
5) Passion and follow-through at this point in your life can help you do what you want todo.
6) Connection to the world – things like the internet open up a tonne of possibilities
I figured out about 15 years ago that I can do whatever I want. It might be difficult to get there, but I never give up when I want to do something.
Benefits of owning a business:
How do you do this?
Don’t be afraid to fail/make mistakes.
#1 thing to take away from today if you can’t remember anything else. BE POSITIVE. Think that you can do it even if you can’t now. Having a positive attitude will take you soooooooooooo muuuuuuccchhhhh farther in life than the negative nellie stuff. Train yourself to be positive.