I can’t really do a play by play to remember all the details. But we did take a lot fo pictures and video of the ceremony. Good times and Nick is married. Ika and Nick moved into our hotel today so we can hang out more before the saturday ceremony. Evidentally, Chris and I are getting dressed up in some Javanese outfits for the bash. The family doesn’t drink alcohol here, so it will be a non-traditional reception for us. Looking forward to it.
Nick is well…Ika is a kewl chic. I am happy for them
Other random thoughts….
1) I learned that many of the Muslim girls here are circumscised (sp?) – yups – they cut off the clitoris at birth! The blokes get circumscised at age 13 in a ceremony. Ika’s ma and dad have pictures of there 2 sons ceremony – we will see the pics on saturday – hopefully
2) Love Singapore Airport: Only had 1/2 hour there on way through – will get 3 on way back. Free wifi and good atmosphere
3) Nick is married and happy. All the behind the scenes stuff like $$, expectations, family are facinating. (sp?) – Nick talk a good bit about it on his blog the past few weeks.
4) We are doing whatever today…which means mostly nothing but hanging out.
5) I am reading a book on Feng Shui (sp?) from a friend. I gotta get some of that Feng Shui stuff happening. Anyone know a consultant to doit/recommend stuff so my house/life has more of it.
6) This is such a blitzcrig (sp?) trip – not much time todo anything…Semarang -the city we are in seems not to be tourist/traveler oriented at all…but still comfortable.
Cheers to all