Born in 1973, raised in Chicago, Illinois.
Son – Kai
Twin Identical Daughters – Pepper and Blaize
Attended Lincoln Hall Middle School. Graduated in 1987
Attended Loyola Academy High School. Graduated in 1991
Attended Northern Illinois University. Graduated in 1995 with a degree in General Studies
I am the Chairman and Co-Founder of the BootsnAll Travel Network. In 1999 a few friends and I started building the travel community called “BootsnAll”. After lots of ups and downs in building a self-funded and sustainable publishing business, we refocused on Long-Term/Indie Travel in 2011.
In December of 2013, BootsnAll Acquired AirTreks, and I became the CEO of AirTreks as well.
As of January 2017, I am now chairman of BootsnAll Travel Network.
Indie – The World’s 1st RTW Airfare Engine
BootsnAll – Perhaps the World’s Best Resource for Long-Term Travelers
Round the World Ticket – An awesome resource that rates and reviews all the different ways to buy and RTW Ticket
Random Stuff About Me
– Played competitive ice hockey from age 6 to age 12.
– I believe that long-term travel is perhaps, one of the best ways to get a boots on the ground education
– Ran 3 marathons
– Delivered Newspapers on a Bicycle Paper Route for almost 3 years in my late 20s.
– Traveled around the world a few times
– I’ve lived on $500/month USD in the USA for 3 years in my 20s as BootsnAll was getting going.
– Frequently searching for the “why” of things, people, and myself
– Went to World Cup 2006 and produced WorldCupBlog.org while there for 7 weeks.
– Co-Produced a Son in 2010.
– Co-Produced identical daughters in 2012
– I’ve spent large parts of the North America Winter in 2011 and 2012 in Ohope, New Zealand (Living and Working)
– EO Portland member since 2006
– YPO Member since 2014
I live in Snowden, Washington (since 2010)