Born in 1973, raised in Chicago, Illinois.
Attended Lincoln Hall Middle School. Graduated in 1987
Attended Loyola Academy High School. Graduated in 1991
Attended Northern Illinois University. Graduated in 1995 with a degree in General Studies
I am the President and Co-Founder of the BootsnAll Travel Network. In 1999 a few friends and I started building the travel community called “BootsnAll”. After lots of ups and downs in building a self-funded and sustainable publishing business, we refocused on Long-Term/Indie Travel in 2011.
In December of 2013, BootsnAll Acquired AirTreks, and I became the CEO of AirTreks as well.
Indie – The World’s 1st RTW Airfare Engine
BootsnAll – Perhaps the World’s Best Resource for Long-Term Travelers
Round the World Ticket – An awesome resource that rates and reviews all the different ways to buy and RTW Ticket
Random Stuff About Me
– Played competitive ice hockey from age 6 to age 12.
– I believe that long-term travel is perhaps, one of the best ways to get a boots on the ground education
– Ran 3 marathons
– Delivered Newspapers on a Bicycle Paper Route for almost 3 years in my late 20s.
– Traveled around the world a few times
– I’ve lived on $500/month USD in the USA for 3 years in my 20s as BootsnAll was getting going.
– Frequently searching for the “why” of things, people, and myself
– Went to World Cup 2006 and produced WorldCupBlog.org while there for 7 weeks.
– Co-Produced a Son in 2010.
– Co-Produced identical daughters in 2012
– I’ve spent large parts of the North America Winter in 2011 and 2012 in Ohope, New Zealand (Living and Working)
– EO Portland member since 2006
– YPO Member since 2014
Currently live in Snowden, WA